There are so many work opportunities in Sydney which you can take advantages of for instance; in Hospitality & Tourism, Call Centre & Customer service, Marketing and communication and lots more. We will connect you to the right website where you can find work opportunities related on your skills.
For students without experience you could also try to apply for McDonald’s, Hungry Jack’s, KFC, marketing jobs and some hotels who also seek casual work as well.
Furthermore, in order to work in Australia you will need to apply for a Tax file number (TFN). Tax file number is your personal reference number in the tax and super systems. It is very important to have a Tax file number because without TFN you will pay more tax. Also you won’t be able to apply for government benefits, lodge your tax return electronically and get an Australian business number (ABN). If you are seeking for work I would recommend you to consider it as a priority because all companies asked for TFN. You can have more information on how to apply HERE. Additionally, before you apply for pub, bar, hotel jobs or work in other gambling establishments in Australia. You will need to have the Responsible Service of Gambling (RSG) certificate or the Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) certificate. You can find these courses here.
You can connect to our Job Board or seek.com, jora.com, indeed.com and gumtree.
Click here to have an idea of how your resume should be before applying for any job. If you need any additional information please feel free to drop us an email. We will update you in the forum if any opportunities show up from our end.
Tips that should help you to find a job.
- It is very important to research your market. Because it will help you to find out which roles and skills are in high demand in Australia.
- Tell people that you are looking for work (networking)
- For foreigners learn to speak the lingo and learn about the culture
- It is very important to have a good resume and cover letter. It is the key to be shortlisted for an interview.
- It is very common these days that the first interview is through phone, Skype and other digital platforms. It is a plus to know your technology
- Do some voluntary jobs to get some local experience.
- Try to complete several job-related goals daily
- Make sure to prepare for all job interviews
- Following up with hiring managers
- Keep applying and don’t give up.